Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 566 mal aufgerufen
 Gartenpflanzen - Galerie
LONGK ( gelöscht )
25.10.2014 21:31
Salvia Antworten

Salvia is a huge genus of over 900 species plus many thousands of cultivars so there must surely be a Salvia for everyone. I have about thirty species at the moment plus seed for another 35 or 40 species. I've grown many more which I have given away to make space for new ones.

I will start in this first post with my favourite Salvia;

1] Salvia discolor is my #1 Salvia. It has the common name of Blackcurrant Salvia because the leaves smell of blackcurrant (cassis) fruit. The way that it grows is not tidy but it is forgiven this as the flowers are so very good............

It is tender but will flower very well from April until the first frost of the autumn season. For the winter I just keep it free of frost in the shed when it is cold and rather dry.

2] Salvia dolichantha. Very easy to grow from seed and fairly hardy (good soil drainage in winter is very important). It only flowers for 4 to 6 weeks but it is a really special plant in my eyes.............

3] Salvia involucrata. This is the first year that I've grown this species but other people report to me that it is hardy with basic care and intelligent planting location. Flowers from late summer to the first frost..............

4] Salvia confertiflora. Very fast growing it makes many branches from a wooden base. |Flowers from mid summer through to the autumn frost. Spectacular in bright sunlight....................

5] Salvia guaranitica "Black and Blue". This is totally hardy. It grows from a tuberous root system that is much like those of the Dahlia. Flowers from mid summer onwards...........

This is all from just one plant............

6] Salvia urica. It is a tender plant, but very easy from seed and very fast growing. Flowers from August onwards and produces so much seed that I grow it as an annual plant..............

LONGK ( gelöscht )
10.11.2014 21:26
#2 RE: Salvia Antworten

A few more;

Salvia forsskaolii is a hardy plant that blooms prolifically for about six weeks in mid summer.................

S.glutinosa is anther fully winter hardy Salvia. Really beautiful, very easy from seed, but it quickly grows very large............

This is the first year that I have grown Salvia cacaliifolia so I cannot comment too much. A small cutting has grown into a large plant in one summer and the flowers are rather special..............

S.stolonifera is a little disappointing. Beautiful flowers, but it does not produce many. The plant in shady conditions appears to grow and flower best............

The cultivar "Raspberry Royale" produces many blooms from late spring through to the first autumn frost. Fantastic colour!

Salvia microphylla is totally winter hardy and almost always in bloom. It needs constant cutting back though..............

The white form is especially beautiful close up.............

S.transylvanica is another hardy species that has a long period of flowers................

«« Arisaema
 Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz